Tuesday, January 19, 2010

SAUCY SECRETARY STILETTOS




To begin with I have a stiletto habit I call my fetish, certain ones call to me in the shoe store; I walk around listening and slowly perusing the displays. I like touching them and feeling the fabric; whether suede, leather, satin or patent-leather, I don't discriminate. I am more discriminating when it comes to the heel; the look of the 3 inch or taller is what usually catches my eye and they must be skinny heels, chunky heels are for rainy weather. Now don't get me wrong I do like the chunkier heels and wedge type shoe too and own quite a few pairs of those styles, however my heart and passion belong to my STILETTOS!

All the beautiful colors and shades, it's like a candy store for women; blue, red, pink, green, yellow, grey, purple, orange and of course black. Then there's the patterns; pin-stripes, polka-dots, geometric and plaid, no favoritism here either. Which one(s) are calling to me today? I always get a picture of what outfit I will build around the shoes (usually the shoes tell me); would they go with:
Jeans? Indigo blue, black, stone-washed, boot-cut, skinny or trouser style? Paired with a tee-shirt, button-down, something frilly, a bit flirty or down-right sexy?
A dress perhaps, if so, what type of dress; a favorite little black dress, summer dress or one for work?
Possibly a skirt; A-line and teasingly girly or pencil and tight, bare legged or with nylons or tights (yes, there's a difference). I even have to consider all of my work pants; their color, style and length too.

THERE THEY ARE; the ones that have called my name today, I dub thee Saucy Secretary Stilettos. Because as soon as I spot them I can immediately see them with the outfit described below and know I will look and feel like a 1960's vixen style secretary.

I will wear them with a black or grey tight pencil skirt and wide belt, white or black button-down short sleeved shirt and of course chunky jewelry and bright killer red lipstick! If it's sunny out (in Southern California that's most of the time) I will add my big black Dolce & Gabbana or big white Coach sunglasses. I can see it clearly; the shoes paint the picture for me.

As soon as I have them home I try my Saucy Secretary stilettos on with the outfit they told me to wear them with (like I said the stilettos talk to me), I feel leaner, taller and more sleek and at 5'4" that's saying something.

My next work day I get dressed in the above mentioned outfit and as I'm walking out the door I notice my stance and walk are more deliberate, I'm ready for business and whatever else might come my way.

On my way to my sales office I stop at Starbucks for a latte, I walk in with the confidence of a woman who feels good and knows she looks good too. I sense the admiring eyes of the men as I stand in line; I also catch the approving glances of the women around me. It's such a powerful feeling knowing men and women alike are appreciating the positive vibes radiating from me and my "SS" stilettos. As I'm taking in this delightful experience and ordering my latte, the gentleman in line behind me interrupts my order and asks if he may pay for mine (now that reeeeeally feels good!). I smile and politely say "Thank you". "I've noticed you in here several times." he says. I remove my sunglasses, "I do believe I've seen you here too, usually sitting with a group of others, over there." I say, pointing towards the grouping of chairs in the corner. "Associates from work." He replies. He pays for our drinks and while waiting for them to be made, we make polite small talk and flirt just a little.

I can tell he is younger than me by about ten years; he is tall, has an athletic build, a great smile and big brown eyes. When they call my drink, he retrieves it and hands it to me and says, "I hope to see you in here again; by the way my name is Roger." "Nice to have met you Roger, I hope to see you again too and thank you for the latte." I say as I head out the door. I can feel him watching me as I walk to my car.

See you never know what can happen with the right pair of stilletos and attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment