Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just the Beginning.....

(A small sampling of my collection!)

Hello fellow stiletto lovers!


I've started this blog because of my passion for stilettos, I (as most of you, I'm sure) have an extensive shoe collection and 90% of my collection are of the stiletto variety. My daughters understand; as do my girlfriends, men however, seem to think my slight obsession is "silly", though I have yet to hear any of them complain about how they look!


I will be blogging stories about my stilettos, the adventures they've been on or are about to embark on. I may also tell you what I'm wearing with them and how they make me feel!


Here are some interesting facts I've found about the stiletto......


The very first sightings of a stiletto (thin high heels) were around the late 1800's in numerous fetish drawings. Makes a girl think - how has something that was so sinful a little over a 100 years ago become acceptable every day wear?


The word "stiletto" is Italian which came from the Latin "stilus" which means: "a stake; a pointed instrument, its narrow shape, ending in a rigid pointed end, allowing it to penetrate deeply". Makes perfect sense to me, my stiletto collection definitely looks like pointed instruments ready to penetrate whatever gets in their way, including a man's heart!


Stiletto heels are associated with the image of the femme fatale. They are considered to be a seductive item of a woman's attire. Here's all I have to say about that - DUH!


I honestly feel stilettos are the every-day shoe! You can use them to dress up your jeans and tee-shirt or a pair of long walking shorts or Capri's. You can make a cute summer dress a little saucier! Don't get me started on work attire! Stilettos make the line of the leg look longer (which at 5', 4-1/2" makes me look much taller) and the derriere more perky in a pair of tailored work pants.


Except for working out or an outdoor party (stilettos are definitely not good on grass - imagine sinking backwards into someone's lawn), I'm in my stilettos!


Until next time.....




No comments:

Post a Comment