Monday, March 1, 2010

SWEET CHOCOLATE DREAMS

Chocolate, Chocolate,
Everywhere,
Dark Chocolate,
Do I Dare?

Although not really your traditional stilettos, I still love these high-heels, they seem very 1940’s-ish to me because of the thicker heel and rounded toe. I just love all the detail with the laces on the side, the bric-a-brac across the front and the way they positioned the patent leather with the suede. So no matter which way you see the shoe it looks interesting and I love the cute rounded toe.

When I first laid eyes on these I thought “Yummy – Sweet Chocolate Dreams” (I wanted to lick them); they have all the shades of chocolate I love: the (almost) white chocolate, the milk chocolate and of course the dark chocolate (my favorite!). Since I named these my Sweet Chocolate Dreams I thought it quite fitting to wear them to the Dove Chocolate Discoveries™ tasting party I was invited to – YES I’m not kidding, a
c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e tasting party!

I decide to pair my Sweet Chocolate Dreams with my favorite Seven jeans (which finally fit again, however after tonight, who knows...) and a dark brown button-down tailored shirt that has a white trimmed ruffle on the front and of course a really fun ring (my big blue and white crystal Koi fish) and since it is cold out I add my faux chinchilla coat. I feel fabulous and am ready for some yummy chocolate!

When I arrive at Michelle’s most the girls are already there and the air is filled with the fabulous smell of melting chocolate! I hug Michelle, Jodi, Tiffany, and my daughter Bre; then introduce myself to all the other ladies.  We are informed that the chocolate we will be sampling is the Dove Chocolate Discoveries'™ their exclusive line of premium chocolates not sold in stores; Ooooh, now I feel special, let the decadence begin!

First we sample the chocolate covered; biscotti balls, cranberries and almonds, cute little truffles in all three chocolate flavors. Our Chocolatier tells us about their ready-made candies and explains how to make our own truffles, candy bars, mini tiramisus' and chocolate embellishments. Then we sample dark chocolate espresso beans, I don’t think there’s anything better than the sweet bitterness of the dark chocolate then the bite of the espresso bean! Bre and I are reminded of a funny story that she shares with everyone; on a trip to Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco about 10 years earlier we bought chocolate covered espresso beans. While walking around all day we ate the entire bag, we were bouncing off the walls later and couldn’t sleep that night and couldn’t figure out why! Can anyone say 'blonde moment'?

Next the Chocolatier shows us how to make 10-minute mousse; yummmmm, creamy smooth fluffy chocolate on my spoon. What’s getting to me though is the melting chocolate that has been wafting through the air since I came in the door; the dark chocolate has been liquefying in the cutest heart-shaped fondue pot and calling to me for the past 1/2 hour. We finally get to taste it and mmmmmmm; it has the most fabulous rich flavor, first I dip a strawberry then a graham cracker, then another strawberry. Okay, I tell myself, time to stop this madness, drop that third strawberry!

I didn’t think we could surpass the fondue but then I see the chocolate martini mix and vodka come out! She first swirls rich chocolate syrup into the frozen martini glasses. “You can also rim the glass in raw sugar mixed with ground chocolate, cocoa powder or the syrup” she tells us while shaking the mix with the vodka and ice. Ohhhhhh my, so many different sensations; the sweet chocolate, the chill of the drink, then the warmth of the vodka, yum, yum and more yum! While enjoying our martini’s she begins to telling us that you can also make chocolate turtle and creamsicle martinis, this just gets better and better!

Later after several entertaining stories and lots of laughter…. Bre and I each order the chocolate martini mix, promising to host a ‘girls only martini party' and head home after an evening of decadent deliciousness!

I know every time I slip these beauties on my feet I'll be thinking of indulging in a yummy chocolate martini.

Goodnight all & Sweet Chocolate Dreams.......


1 comment: